Friday 20 August 2010

My musical journey

I grew up with the Beatles (being of a certain age) and very little else, not having much money to buy albums.

My interest in music waned with the arrival of Punk and my son.

Then things happened to kick-start it:

Firstly a getting computer and broadband.

Then there was a free CD given away with the Observer newspaper. A sampler of tracks by Moby. Hadn't heard of him. But it was brilliant and I recognised Porcelain from the radio.

Then the series of free CDs given away in the Saturday Guardian. They introduced me to Hybrid and on the Hybridised site there was a link to Digitonal.






Hybrid June 2010 by Hybridsoundsystem

This is a DJ mix but it gives an idea of the music.




Seraphim (Angel Mix) by digitonal

From there to the Big Chill website and forum and from there...

Links:

Moby


Hybrid

Digitonal


Big Chill

No comments:

Post a Comment