Wednesday 25 August 2010

Books


Photo by Scott Frances
I think it's this chap. His photos are amazing.

Not a room in my house, wish it was.

One of the things I must do is catalogue all my books.

I would love to take a larger part in a site called LibraryThing. I have entered a few of my books, but I have so many it would be a marathon task to upload them all.

I have:

Three bookcases in the lounge

A huge bookcase in the back room

A bookcase in the spare room/computer room

Books beside the bed

My son has books in his old room

And several piles of books

Many things hold me back:

I haven't got a bar code reader

a lot of my books predate barcodes anyway

I wouldn't even dream of unpacking the books in my cabinet of curiosities. So they would be uncatalogued

Only the first 200 books are free, so I'd definitely have to upgrade to the premium account. Although $25 for life doesn't sound too bad

But I STILL BUY BOOKS

Second hand, charity shop books. I certainly don't agree with this chap and neither do the people who commented on the piece, Why I hate second-hand books



It's not quite that bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment